Field Trip Scholarships
UPDATE: New Information Regarding Electronic Scholarship Applications
- Electronic Submission Required for All Applications
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed and prioritized on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Scholarships will be awarded until all funds have been depleted.
- During the 2024 school year, schools are eligible to receive up to $10.00 per student through the education scholarship fund. For example, a classroom of 5th graders with 58 students would receive $580.00 from the scholarship fund upon approval of their field trip application.
Our organization is grateful for our generous donors, sponsors, and partners who make this education scholarship funding possible.
We encourage the regional Pennsylvania school districts to apply for the education scholarship we offer. This scholarship will support their visit to the Flight 93 National Memorial, where they can participate in a ranger-led educational program with the National Park Service Education Specialist that caters to grade levels 4-12.
***Temporary Closure of Learning Center Please be advised that the Learning Center is currently closed until further notice. Due to this, students visiting on field trips will have to consume their lunches either on the buses or at the picnic tables available near the Visitor Center.
2024 Spring Field Trip Scholarship Application Closed
*Applications are no longer being accepted at this time.*
The spring field trip scholarship application is now closed due to an exceptionally high volume of submissions, resulting in the depletion of all available funds.
*Contact Donna Gibson, the Executive Director, at [email protected] for any inquiries about scholarship applications.
To apply, please complete the following items:
- The Education Scholarship Electronic Application (Closed)
- An Electronic Letter of Support from your Superintendent
- Using the link above, you can access a sample letter that can be customized to your needs. Once you've made the necessary changes, send it via email to the contact information provided below:
- Contact Info: Executive Director Donna Gibson at [email protected] with the subject line "Education Scholarship Request: (school name)."
To receive funding post-field trip, please complete the following items: (Mandatory for Teachers and Students)*
2024 Sping Field Trip Feedback:
- Teacher Survey (Will be Available)
- Student Survey (Will be Available)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All schools, public, private, or home school groups are eligible for the education scholarship
- Application for a scholarship does not guarantee financial assistance will be awarded
- Scholarships are awarded on a first come, first serve, basis
- Groups may schedule and apply for a scholarship for more than one group in a year – for example – a school can apply for a 5th grade program, an 8th grade program, an 11th grade program etc.
- All arrangements for travel to and from Flight 93 National Memorial will be the responsibility of the school requesting scholarship funding
- We ask that all schools awarded a scholarship complete the letter of support (CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THE LETTER OF SUPPORT) and agree to complete a teacher and student survey at the completion of their field trip.
- Schools are required to send ONE CHAPERON for every 20 STUDENTS. These chaperones are to be assigned to a particular group of students and is responsible for their students’ behavior and adherence to rules while at the memorial
- One the day of the field trip, Friends of Flight 93 National Memorial will process the scholarship funds and send to the attention of the teacher who completed the application.
- There is no food available for sale at Flight 93 National Memorial. All field trips will need to make plans for feeding their students (packed lunches etc)
- Flight 93 National Memorial does not have trash cans. Please plan to bring trash bags to pack your trash back to your school
- NO PHOTOGRAPHY is permitted inside the Flight 93 National Memorial Visitor Center due to copyright requirements. This includes photos taken for any reason, including yearbooks, selfies, etc. Photography is permitted elsewhere while visiting the memorial
- Teachers will prepare students for the field trip by discussing appropriate memorial behavior.
National Park Service Education Program Outlines are available HERE!
The educational programming at Flight 93 National Memorial includes lesson plans geared towards grades 4-5 grade, 6-8, and grade levels 9-12, respectively, with a focus on themes of action, honor, democracy, and teamwork.
These programs utilize multimedia, exhibits, oral presentations, and the memorial landscape to deliver a unique learning opportunity. The Flight 93 National Memorial Learning Center is a classroom where teachers, students, park rangers, and volunteers identify and explore the story of Flight 93, and September 11, 2001. Program lengths are adjustable depending on visitation time.
2023-24 EITC SUPPORTERS
Acknowledging Our Supporters for the Education Scholarship Program
We would like to extend a special thank you to the businesses that participated in and donated through the Education Improvement Tax Credit Program, as well as our gracious donors. Your contributions have enabled us to offer educational scholarships to students grades 4-12 in Pennsylvania and for that we are truly grateful.
1st Summit Bank
First National Bank of Pennsylvania
Fred Beans Family of Dealerships
Mid Penn Bank
Warden Asphalt Company