Friends of Flight 93
The Friends of Flight 93 National Memorial is the official 501(c)3 philanthropic partner to Flight 93 National Memorial. The lessons and activities below were created for teachers and parents to teach children (or themselves!) about the role pollinators play in the world and about the pollinators themselves.
A special science-based Pollinator Curriculum for Kindergarten to grade 2 is now available online! While other grade levels are still in development, it is critical for this piece to be completed first. The goal of this piece is to introduce younger children to the memorial in an age-appropriate manner. Children are naturally curious and will ask questions about what they see around them, giving adults and staff the ability to tell the story of Flight 93 through the pollinators’ natural restoration of the memorial grounds and crash site that honors the passenger and crew members of Flight 93 every day.
- Kindergarten to Grade 2 Pollinator Curriculum
- Click here to download Grades 3-5 Pollinator Curriculum
- Read all about it with our Bee Reading List for Kindergarten to Grade 12
The Pollinator Project
The Friends of Flight 93 National Memorial are working with the Pollinator Project! As part of the Friends Pollinator Project at the memorial, we have purchased a BeeSmart Garden Kit from the Pollinator Project! To receive an emailed copy of ANY of The Pollinator Project lessons listed below, simply use our request form to receive the lesson of your choice! It is THAT EASY! Click here to download the Pollinator Project Lesson Plans.
- Create your own pollinator garden! THIS PAGE has lots of resources all in one place!
- Looking for something educational to do online? Click here to find the Pollinator Popcorn Online Game!