Who are the Friends?
Friends groups are found at many national parks, raising awareness and appreciation for these special places and helping to provide educational and interpretive resources to enhance the experience for every visitor. Established in 2009, the Friends of Flight 93 National Memorial is the official non-profit supporting partner of Flight 93 National Memorial. The Friends focus on awareness, education, volunteer support, preservation and stewardship. The Friends of Flight 93 is a registered 501 (c)3 organization, donations to which are tax-deductible.
The Friends of Flight 93 are a varied group, including family and friends of the passengers and crew of Flight 93, people nationwide who have been inspired by these acts of courage, and many residents of Western Pennsylvania who want to be part of the Friends' mission in a hands-on way.
Friends of Flight 93 National Memorial Mission
As Friends of Flight 93, we welcome worldwide all who would join us in honoring the sacrifice and courage of the passengers and crew of Flight 93 by supporting the mission of the Flight 93 National Memorial with volunteers, resources, and civic engagement, so as to inspire all who visit with the Flight 93 story.
What Do the Friends Do?
- Increase public awareness of Flight 93 National Memorial
- Sponsor educational forums and events on 9/11 issues
- Secure grants and donations to fund special projects
- Care for the National Memorial
- Support commemorative events
- Provide volunteers for special projects at the Memorial
- Welcome visitors to Flight 93 National Memorial